The First Weekend in Vancouver

After finishing our beautiful trip through the Rockies, we spent our first day in Vancouver by taking it slowly.

At first, we went to get some breakfast and then walked through Downtown to explore the city. The rest of the day was spent on the harbor front reading books and enjoying the weather.

Every year the Celebration of Lights takes place in Vancouver. It’s a fireworks show where different countries compete against each other. This year, the participants were Japan, Spain, and Canada.

Since the first show took place on that Saturday, we drove to Kitsilano Beach in the evening to watch.

The next morning, we met up with Julian and Christian who were traveling in Vancouver and Alaska as well. It was pretty cool to see Julian again after a year and a half!

Together, we walked through Stanley Park and got a little lost which was a good opportunity to see the park up close πŸ˜‰

In the evening, we grabbed some Sushi and said goodbye to the guys since they were headed for the airport.

The next morning, Frieda and I picked up our rental car quite early and headed to the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal. There, we took the ferry over to Vancouver Island. The ride took around 90 minutes, and we were able to enjoy the nice weather and the surrounding nature.

Our first destination after arriving on Vancouver Island was Hatley Castle. The house is historically very interesting and many famous movies like X-Men and Deadpool were filmed here. We enjoyed a guided tour through the house to learn about the history and the family who built it and took a walk through the gardens afterwards.

Our next stop was Victoria where we spent the rest of the day. Since Victoria is the capitol of British Columbia, the parliament buildings are located here, as well as many other historical buildings. After our lunch break, we explored Chinatown, which is the oldest in Canada.

In general, we were able to see many things in Victoria and enjoyed our last vacation day together. In the evening, we took the last ferry back to Vancouver and ended the day with a beautiful sunset.

The next morning, I drove Frieda back to the airport where we said our goodbyes for the next four months. Afterwards, I drove to my new apartment, where I have now been staying at for a few weeks already. I have also started my internship where I have the opportunity to travel a lot.

So, stay tuned for future adventures 😊

Song of the Week:
First Class – Henry Jackman

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: